Saturday, December 11, 2010

THIS is why I'm a Crazy Coupon Lady!

So I just got back from doing some shopping and I'm soooo excited I just had to blog about it. ;-) I got several great deals...but one in particular was just awesome!

So Walgreens had their Crayola Pop Art Pixies on sale for $5.99. But Target had a $5 gift card when you buy 2 deal on them. Sooo...I here's how my deal worked.

I went to Target and got two Crayola Pop Art Pixies...while there I realized that there was no price or size restriction on the Walgreens ad. It simply stated "$5.99 for Crayola Pop Art Pixies". So I took the ad to Customer Service and they said, yes, that they would have to honor it for ANY Crayola Pop Art Pixies.

So I bought one that cost $19.99 and one that cost $14.99. Should have cost me almost $40 for both. But then I price matched them to bring them both down to $5.99! Or less than $12 for both! (Do this at the Customer Service Desk, they can't do it at the register) Then I used my two $4 on 1 coupons from the Crayola Facebook page bringing my total paid out of pocket to $1.99 each! Then of course the Target deal was buy two get a $5 gift card, so basically they paid me to take $40 of Christmas gifts from their store!!! WOOOT! GO ME! THAT is why I'm a crazy coupon lady!

To top off the day I was standing in the pet food aisle at Target and this sweet little old lady says "Did you know that you can get Target coupons from their website!" I just smiled and told her yes. Then I asked her if she knew that you could stack a manufacturer coupon with the Target coupon from the website. She said "No, I didn't know that! But I don't have a manufacturer coupon." I flipped through my coupon clutch and grabbed one to hand to her that would make her cat treats she was buying free. She said "Oh my goodness! There's an angel in the Target aisle! Who knew that to be an angel all you had to do was give a sweet old lady two bags of free cat treats! *wink*



Photobucket

1 comment:

The Eckelkamp's said...

ahh! Jealous!! I did the same deal, but didn't think to try the higher priced ones! Good for you! Oh well, I can't argue with getting paid for shopping!