Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Childless Shopping Trip. Yay!

After dumping (I mean...dropping off) my kids at Mom's Morning Out this morning (which by the way is one of the most amazing things on earth- thank you Ms. Anny!) I headed out to do some solo shopping. It was a good day!










All of these groceries (as well as some not pictured because they were already dropped off at the donation collection point headed for Joplin) for $54.76. Got plenty to eat now, tons to put in our store room and some donations! I know the picture isn't very good, since I took it with my phone, so here's a list of what's in there (and the not-pictured stuff)!


3 tubs of icing


3 cake mixes


8 ears of corn


a gallon of milk


3 pert plus 2-in-1


a box of nexcare bandages


4 cans campbell's pork and beans


4 bottles of French's mustard


a bunch of bananas


6 packages of hotdogs


a watermelon


a box of snuggle fabric softener sheets


10 cups of yoplait yogurt


4 boxes of jello mixes


morningstar farms chik patties


morningstar farms griller patties


3 boxes of crystal light


2 bottles of ranch dressing


2 bags of marshmallows


2 packages of Hershey bars


2 boxes of graham crackers


1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce


and a cantalope. :)


I did have an extremely rude cashier at Walmart who got all upset with me for get the six packages of hotdogs, snuggle sheets, three bottles of pert plus and the box of nexcare bandages for just over $3. Like I somehow stole them from her or something. Ridiculous. Oh well, worth it to be able to donate more to those people in Joplin who need so much right now.


I didn't do my Walgreens trip today since I did it on Sunday...and it was a success too! Between the Walmart Bar-S deal and the Walgreens Oscar Meyer deal we have a freezer full of hotdogs! Needless to say we will not be buying hotdogs for the rest of the summer! Anyone want to cook out? :) Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful, long weekend!

Lindsay

No comments: