Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baby Update...29 weeks

We had an ultrasound and appointment this morning. Baby is doing great. A whopping 2 lbs. 12 oz currently. haha. He seems to be doing very well, though he's making life quite uncomfortable for mommy. The placenta has not moved at all, which means he can't lay up and down and won't be able to turn into that position later like most babies do. Instead he's laying across my belly.

All in all, not much has changed. Everything still looks ok, but it's nearly impossible that it could move now, since it hadn't moved at all. The ultrasound tech spent quite a bit of time looking around my previous c-section scar and didn't say much, but didn't seem too happy with what she saw. I go back in three weeks for an appointment and then have another ultrasound on my birthday, August 3rd. They'll do an MRI within a week or so after that ultrasound. The doctor said she would "tentatively" schedule my c-section for September 7th, but did not seem optimistic that we would make it that far. The plan is still to try to get to that point, but it's really unlikely that I won't have a bleed in the next month or two. If I do, they'll deliver him as soon as they think it's safe, which they'll determine by amniocentesis.

We're thankful for now that he is healthy and growing, we haven't had any bleeds thus far and that we get to go on vacation this week! Some time on the beach can fix nearly anything, I think. :) Thanks for all of your prayers that have gotten us this far.


Lindsay

No comments: