Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the greatest things in life are free


I've spent the better part of the morning this morning sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor with my little boy. we explored cabinets and emptied the contents, turned bowls upside down and banged on them with wooden spoons, colored pictures for daddy and scattered all of mommy's cookie cutters to see all the cool shape (he especially liked the dinosaur). normally, i hate to make a mess in my house. but i didn't even care how much work it would be to clean it up. it was one of the most fun mornings i've had in a long time. we just spent hours together, exploring and learning and just playing. sure, the kitchen is trashed...and i have a lot of dishes to wash now, but i don't mind. moments like that with my baby boy are irreplaceable and something i'll get to cherish forever. it is true...the greatest things in life are free.


No comments: