Monday, August 16, 2010

I Love Goodwill


So, I needed to take some stuff to the Goodwill to donate last week and couldn't help peeking through store. Much to my delight I found an awesome old bedsheet, a faded lavender curtain panel, a pillow case and a shower curtain. Interesting finds, I know...but I couldn't wait to go home and repurpose my treasures! So far, Kaytie has gotten a new shirt out of the shower curtain (hoping to make a skirt and possibly some other things from it), and I've nearly finished a quilt top for her bed out of the sheet and curtain panel. The pillowcase will be either a dress for her or a nightgown. The rest of the sheet will be the back of the quilt and hopefully a valence for her window, and the scraps I'm hoping to braid into a rug for her room. Total spent for these items a la the Goodwill? About 10 bucks! Can't beat that!

No comments: