Sunday, October 17, 2010

Channeling my inner Martha Stewart

Ok, so there is absolutely no part of me that slightly resembles Martha Stewart, but hey, what's life without ambition. ;-) I do, however, enjoy spending time doing some fun little crafty things. And I loooove looking at fun crafty things that other (more crafty) people do. So I thought I'd share some of my latest creations and maybe someone will be inspired to create some fun things of their own.

I've been having tons of fun with my new Silhouette...here are a few things I've made with it recently...

The little child silhouette frams above the windows in the sunroom
are perfect since that's where my kids play most often

Here's an up-close of one of them

This is on the mirror in Kaytie's room

This is one of my favorite projects. I bought some cheap glass canisters
at Michaels and used my Silhouette to etch the glass with labels. So fun!
I've also done a few things that you can do if you don't have a Silhouette (or you're welcome to come over and use mine! hmm...hot chocolate, cookies, crafting...sounds like a GIRLS NIGHT!)

I found a lampshade I really liked from Pottery Barn Kids awhile back for Kaytie's room, but I didn't want to pay what they were asking...call me cheap. So I bought some flowers from Michaels and an inexpensive lamp on clearance at Target and viola!

A cute litte flower lamp! Honestly, I think I like it better than
the expensive one!

Here it is all lit up. Perfect!
While we're in Kaytie's room, I'll show you her new favorite thing...the "flowers" hanging from her ceiling. I made these sweet little deals using a package of tissue paper in the Dollar Zone at Target and twist ties (like you find with your garbage bags). They're hung with fishing line and thumb tacks. We're high class, what can I say. ;-)


Cost about a dollar for all of them. She loves them!


So there you have it. My attempt at creativity for the week. Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed week!

No comments: