Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Weekend Wrap-Up

It has been an incredibly busy week in the Schweitzer household. My sweet husband left Monday morning for Georgia on business. So I loaded up the three kids and two dogs (I gave cute little McGee a ride back to his family after their visit last weekend) into the minivan and headed to Decatur. The kids were excited to see everyone.

We arrived at my parents' house early afternoon on Monday. My dad stopped by in his big brown truck to see the kids.

Then we loaded back into the van and headed to Argenta to my in-laws house to have an early dinner. My father-in-law made a yummy turkey dinner (yes, I know, I'm spoiled). Then we headed to their neighbors to visit the horses. (I'm seriously hoping my mother-in-law took pictures because I didn't have my camera with me.) The kids LOVED seeing the horses and feeing them apples. Kai especially liked "Ed" the horse.

When the kids all hit meltdown mode, I loaded mine back into the van and we went back to my parents' house. The next morning we were all set to go get lunch and go to the pumpkin patch in Arthur. Unfortunately, I locked my keys in my van and we were not going anywhere. So I had to call someone to come get into my van. (Found out later that the neighbor had a kit to open cars...sigh.)

So after a rough start to the morning we headed to lunch at Culvers with my grandparents and parents.
Kaesen with his great grandma


My babies with their great grampy and grammy


Then we headed to the Great Pumpkin Patch! It was amazing! We had such a wonderful time!
Kai's getting big!

Little Pumkin Princess


Yummy cookie!

Checking out the animals



By the time we left the kids were pretty tired, but they still managed to help Papa shoot his bow, take some target practice with the BB gun and play a game of hide and seek before it got too dark. Then we went to Monicals for pizza! Yum!



Kaytie shooting with Papa

Kai shooting with Papa

Kaesen was up all night Tuesday night for some unknown reason. So a tired and bedraggled mommy loaded up the children Wednesday morning and drove back home. We got home just in time for the kids to take quick naps while I unloaded the car then to pile back in the car and head to Warrenton for Cubbies.

Kaytie, Kaesen and I did some shopping while Kai was at Cubbies then we picked him up and headed home. I collapsed into bed Wednesday night only to be awakened several times by a screaming little girl who had thrown up all over her bed. She did finally fall asleep but when she woke up Thursday morning, she had had an accident all over her bed that took me an hour to clean up.

By the time Ward made it in the door Thursday afternoon, I was exhausted. He had to go back to work Friday morning, so I tried to catch up on some things here at home. Today we did our grocery shopping and now I'm ALMOST, but not quite caught up. At least operations are up and running around here again. 
That's our week in review. Hoping for a bit more relaxing week this week...but we'll see what's in store!

No comments: