Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tasty um...Wednesday?: Crescent Roll Casserole

OK, so I totally missed posting this yesterday...so I guess today will have to do. I'm always hesitant to try new recipes, but I tried this one last night and it was a winner! Quick, easy, warm, filling...perfect. My husband raved and Kaytie ate all of hers then waited for Kai to go to the bathroom and slipped into his chair and ate all of his too! Haha!

It's very simple. Brown about 1lb. of ground beef (actually I used venison because it was what we had--thanks, Daddy!) and a little bit of finely chopped onion. Once it's browned, add 15 oz. of spaghetti sauce to the meat. Let it simmer a few minutes. Take one tube of crescent rolls and flatten the dough into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Top the dough with the sauce mixture. Then top that with mozzarella cheese slices. Finish it off by putting the dough from another can of crescent rolls over the top. Bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. It was soooo good!

A little bit pizza, a little bit lasagna, a whole lotta delicious!


Lindsay

No comments: